Thursday, April 28, 2011

Clean floors - who knew?

I'm like the Grim Reaper of vacuums. I haven't had one that didn't die in my presence. It's been the running joke of my marriage. (Our very first vacuum burned up and passed away when I sucked a chunk of wood into the hose.)


Last week, I had 4 vacuums under my roof, and not a single one of them worked like it should:

The "Whispertone" canister vacuum that I inherited from my aunt roars like a jet engine and was apparently on its last leg. It has always been my favorite, but I think there was a hole in the tube which kept it from actually working properly.

The Eureka "Boss" needed several passes over the carpet, but it appeared to pick up dirt. Upon closer inspection, it was only picking up the big clumps. But when I broke the belt, I let him go.

The Hoover's attachment works like a dream, making it perfect for detailing the car, but it is worthless for household cleaning.

And the Bissell, well, it just sucks. Or rather, it doesn't suck.




Behold, the almighty new vacuum! (Do you hear the angel choir singing?) May I present the Hoover WindTunnel Max Multicyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum!




Once assembled, it was the shiniest, prettiest vacuum I have ever seen. Who knew that vacuuming could be so exciting? I couldn't wait to try it out! A single pass down the hallway made it obvious that my army of other vacuums had failed me much worse than I had feared. And when I had finished with the living room, I was utterly disgusted by what I emptied from the canister. I am embarrassed to say that my family has never known clean - until now!


Bets are now being placed in Vegas as to how many rounds Max "the Cyclone" will last in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment