Friday, January 27, 2012

What is the world coming to?

I bought my first Lady Gaga song on iTunes.

Those who know me well might question MY sanity, but I couldn't help myself. Don't have me committed just yet! I still think the woman is a nut, but I am convinced that she is quite talented underneath all the cuckoo. After all, she did train at a music conservatory. If you close your eyes and listen to her, she is a much better musician than many out there.

Of course, I can't watch her perform. It's distracting. (Cuckoo.) And after watching her perform "The Edge of Glory" on American Idol, she has become a sort of joke at our house. A mere mention of "the edge" of anything and my whole family breaks out in chorus, repeating "the edge" over and over as the melody climbs higher and higher, until we all break out in laughter!

Well, I love her duet with Tony Bennett. I mean, how perfect is "The Lady is a Tramp?" I was watching a PBS special about his Duets II CD, and I downloaded their song before it was even finished. I had to have it! It's fab! Although C did ask me why she had greenish-blue hair. (Cuckoo.) At least she had the sense to wear a semi-tasteful lace evening gown for her recording session with the legendary singer. He claims she is genius. (Cuckoo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment