Monday, October 21, 2013

Hoppy


My grandfather died yesterday. He left me with so many memories.

He would call on Friday nights and ask, "Is it Friday yet?" My brother and I would go to our grandparents' house to spend the night.
We worked in the garden.
We played in the tree house.
We burned trash in a barrel.
We played in the sprinkler.
We rested in a hammock.
We picked berries.
We ate homemade ice cream with sprinkles.
We ate Neapolitan ice cream.
We played with model trains.
We played Flinch.
We played Wahoo.
We built fires in the fireplace.
We watched PBS.
We made banana pancakes and blueberry waffles.
We went camping.
We went hiking.
We roasted marshmallows. 
We went to football games.
We watched football games on TV.
We took LOTS of pictures.
We watched LOTS of slide shows.

He would have been 91 years old on Friday.
I'll miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment