Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Camp Kindness Wrap-Up

As Camp Kindness came to a close, I hope that my son has learned the importance of kindness. I hope that by passing on this lesson I have continued to repay the kindnesses that others have shown my family, from the friends who brought us food when we had no money for groceries, to the generous women who babysat our kids when we couldn't afford a sitter, to the man who bought my family lunch when I left my bank card at home. Not all acts of kindness are random or spontaneous. Some are planned and on purpose. Some are easy and fun. Others are difficult and take effort.

The bottom line is that God commands us to be kind. It's not an option. It's an everyday event. Even I need everyday reminders to be kind to those around me, from fellow drivers, to my coworkers, to my own family.

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." - Ephesians 4:32

I hope that being kind to others will be a joy to my children, not a chore. And while we don't show kindness to benefit ourselves, the smiles we spread bring joy to our hearts as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment