Friday, August 17, 2012

The Great Adventure

I had no idea when I left for the first day of school today, that the word "adventure" in my Facebook status would be so appropriate!

Low points - slipping in the kitchen on some water and landing on my hip, going back home so that my son could attend VomitFest at our house, getting stuck in the car drop-off line because VomitFest made me late, sitting down to lunch only to discover I had accidentally grabbed my son's baloney instead of my peanut butter and honey, and getting stuck at a railroad crossing on the way home.

High points - getting to know my 22 new students, hugging last year's students in the lunchroom, drinking Jitter Juice with my class, having Frito Chili Pie for dinner, eating homemade funnel cakes from Chef Super D, and starting the ninth season of Smallville with my family.



C and me, minutes after the Kitchen Slip-N-Slide and minutes before VomitFest




A, on her first day of high school, and I didn't even have to ask her to smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment