Monday, November 5, 2012

Democrat and Republican

I teach second grade. In preparation for our mock Presidential election, I asked my students to go home and talk to their parents about the candidates. I wanted them to not just to find out who their parents are voting for, but to ask them why. One of my students went above and beyond what I had asked. After speaking with her mother about our government and the 2-party system, the girl insisted on writing down what she had learned. She brought it to me, and I nearly cried.
Here it is, in her own words:
 

 
This is the same little girl who, just last week, told me that what she hates more than anything in the world is arguing. I think she might be one who will have great impact on our world and make it a better place to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment