Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Vote for C!

My son's fourth grade class held an election for class president. When the flyer came home, he mentioned that he wanted to do it, but I didn't think he was serious. I told him I could help him work on campaign issues, but he didn't mention it again. The next thing I know, a fourth grade boy told me that C had won his class election! Wow! He had written a campaign speech, delivered it, and won the votes!
 
So, today, all of the fourth grade classes gathered for a debate between their class presidents. C wrote a new speech. In it, he promised to fight bullying and to propose fundraising efforts to bring new computers into the fourth grade area. He was so proud of the work he had done! His only complaint about the process was that the other candidates brought candy and tokens to "bribe" the voters. He claimed he would never do that because it wasn't right. He hopes the voters won't be so easily swayed by campaign promises of less homework and free candy, but that they will vote for him because he promises to make fourth grade a better place!
 
I'm so proud of my grown-up politician!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment