Friday, March 14, 2014

Hygiene

In my experience, 11YO boys aren't very clean. They don't bathe on their own. They don't comb their hair. They would never brush their teeth without being told. They don't use napkins. And never touch their hands, because I'm sure they don't wash after using the bathroom.

That's why I'm constantly nagging the Brain about hygiene. I must remind him every day. All day. It's a never-ending battle. That's why I was so shocked when, as we gathered our things for school, I asked him if he had brushed his teeth, and he said, "Yes." 
I nearly fell over in shock. 
"You did?" I asked. 
"Yes," he repeated. 
"I'm so proud of you! Thank you for brushing your teeth before I had to remind you," I gushed. "That's amazing!" 
"Well," he said, "We are dancing in P.E. today. I thought the girls might want me to brush my teeth."

There's hope for him yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment