Monday, March 17, 2014

Maybe I should be in Marketing

When did we begin randomly changing how words are used? As a second grade teacher, I have enough trouble teaching my students the difference between nouns, vervs, adjectives, and adverbs. Now, it seems, that I can arbitrarily change the part of speech of any word I choose. Well, I can if I'm in advertising. 

"The more you know, the more you Kohl's."
This slogan assaulted my eyeballs each time I walked through the automatic door at Kohl's Department Store. I shop. I spend. I buy. I wear. I do not Kohl's.

"This is how you Sonic."
I wish I could Sonic. 

"Be more tea."
This Lipton ad beats all. Out of all the adjectives I wish would describe me, tea isn't even on the list, BECAUSE IT'S NOT AN ADJECTIVE!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment