Monday, May 4, 2015

Only a 12YO boy

The Brain wanted to play outside after school today, so I reminded him that he must complete his homework first, which includes practicing percussion. As I was sitting at the dining table with Pinky, we could hear him practicing rhythms with his drumsticks. We had a discussion about how good he is doing in band and how he's getting better. His band teacher (who is also Pinky's band director) told Pinky that he's been "kicking butt" lately in class.

So, being the good mom, I got up to go tell him how proud I am of him and how good he sounds. It's as I walk down the hallway past the bathroom on the way to his bedroom that I realize the sound of his drumsticks is no longer in front of me.

Me, at the bathroom door: I love that you're practicing, but not that you're doing it while on the toilet.

The Brain: I'm poo-ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment