Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Tornado Alley

As I write this, the tornado sirens have sounded 11 times this evening. My family hasn't taken cover since all of the rotation has been well to the south of us. But the experts have to sound the sirens in the entire county, I guess. Nevertheless, we're watching continuous tornado coverage. Although I am incredibly sleepy, I can't go to bed until I know that the dangerous weather has passed.

When I first heard the sirens, I stepped onto my back porch to look at the sky. This is fairly typical for people who live in Tornado Alley. Meteorologists keep us "weather aware," so we know when it's truly time to take cover. I was so impressed by the heavy winds and the spooky sky that I began to film the trees bending back and forth. That's when The Brain found me and asked what I was doing. He, too, looked up and said, "It's actually kind of a beautiful day, if you don't think about it being apocalyptic."

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed with his grasp of the word "apocalyptic." He is.the Brain.. 😊

    ReplyDelete