Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Harry Potter mania continues

Like a good mom, I awoke at 4 a.m. and helped my daughter find the magical quill to gain early entry to Pottermore.com. I guess J.K. Rowling doesn't have enough money yet, so she will soon release a new website to further the Potterhead experience. To fuel the mania, she is allowing a lucky million fans early access to the site, if they can answer one of 7 daily questions in order to find the hidden magical quill somewhere on the web.


A was forlorn that she missed the first day. Yesterday, she arose early, but registration had already closed by 6 a.m. So, she set her alarm for 4 a.m. today. At 5 a.m., the question was posted. It was a race through "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" as we sought to find out how many points ahead Gryffindor was over Slytherin when Harry caught the Snitch in the Quidditch Finals. (Am I a geek, or what?) Next, we had to multiply that number by 35 to find the right answer. Then, we had to type in the proper web address with our answer at the end of the address line. Once we had found the magical quill, we had to levitate it, which took several tries. We were redirected to a registration page to complete, given a login name, and told to wait for a verification email.


A is still waiting for her email. I went through the whole process again and received my verification email about an hour later. Fortunately, I verified my email quickly enough and received my reward:


It will be the world's biggest bummer if I get to play early and she doesn't. Well, maybe I'll let her watch over my shoulder. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment