Wednesday, August 10, 2011

More weird weather

As if it wasn't bad enough that our state had the hottest July of any state, EVER:


I was up late late last night, playing LEGO Harry Potter, and I was so into the game, that I didn't even notice that the electricity had gone out. Once the light from my iPod Touch was out, I could see that my ceiling fan was slowing, and there was not a single light on in the room. It was a little weird to not hear the air conditioner humming. It has been my constant companion since June.


A smile crossed my face as I heard rain gently hitting the windows. Boy, do we need rain! So, I went back to my game. It didn't last long. I began to hear what I thought was hail. When I looked outside, I realized that it wasn't hail - the wind was blowing the rain so hard that it was pelting the windows. As I stood in the doorway, watching the tree in my front yard being whipped around by the wind, I heard a loud snap. I have never seen anything like that! I starting shaking uncontrollably. The storm woke A, and she was so frightened, that she didn't want to stand and watch it.


And to think, we didn't get the worst of it on our side of town. I can't imagine what hurricane force winds must be like. We were blessed to only have some fallen limbs. My hammock was blown over, but my patio furniture was still standing. Others in our city had trees uprooted and have lost their roofs. One church even lost their steeple.



the tree in our front yard



my neighbors to the west



neighbors down the street




limbs from our neighbors tree in our yard


No comments:

Post a Comment