Friday, January 4, 2013

A Perfect Team

I've now been blogging for so long that I can't remember if I've already blogged about certain topics before. But, bare with me if I've already said this.

I LOVE my job! I've had just over a dozen jobs in my lifetime and haven't really hated any of them, but this one, I LOVE! I am back home, in the town where I grew up, teaching 2nd grade at a school which is only 6 years old. Currently, there are 6 second grade classes, which are located together in one wing of the school, called a pod. All of our doors open into a common space with round tables, a computer, and a projector.

Our principal has assembled a magnificent team in the six of us. We range in ages from 3 years out of college to near retirement. We all have different personalities, none of which are too overbearing. We all bring different strengths to the table. We collaborate with one another. We listen to each other. We respect each other. We enjoy each other's company. We laugh together. A lot. We spend time together away from school.

From what I understand, what we have is rare. It's hard to put together a team of women who can cooperate with one another so easily. I cherish it. I pray often that we will continue to have 6 second grade classes so that none of us has to move to another grade level and break up the perfect team.

No comments:

Post a Comment