Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Doctor Mom strikes again

I think both of my kids have developed Fifth Disease. Last week, as C was recovering from a stomach virus, his cheeks were bright red. I thought it was another symptom of his illness. After all, he did have a fever. Now, I think he had a second virus at the same time because yesterday A's cheeks were red. Today, she developed a rash on her arms and chest. It wasn't until speaking with a friend that I found out that Fifth Disease is circulating. Unfortunately, once the rash appears, the child is no longer contagious and has probably already passed it on to others. Lovely.

Now that I think about it, while I had bronchitis, my cheeks were flushed for two days. That is the reason I kept checking my temperature. Maybe I was the carrier who started it in my family. Lovely.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's about time the D family catches a break! Hoping that you all get to be DONE with the illnesses and ready to ENJOY the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jenni! I wholeheartedly agree with you!

    ReplyDelete