Sunday, January 29, 2017

A Day in the Life of an Elementary School Teacher, Day 7

7:30 p.m.
Finally, I truly get to sleep in. Yes, this is sleeping in for me: 7 hours of sleep.

8:50 p.m.
I leave for church. I have to get there early enough to warm-up with the choir. Church on Sunday is like plugging in my cell phone and powering it down. I need to have my battery charged often. And I need to power down once a week to fix the glitches. Church reminds me of how my life is supposed to work. It's good to fellowship with other believers and study the Bible.

1:00 p.m.
I arrive home to eat a quick lunch.

1:30 p.m.
I spend some time in my classroom, writing lesson plans, answering emails, setting up my Literacy Centers, and filing some papers.

4:15 p.m.
I arrive home in time to pick up my husband and go back to church. He and I are attending a 16-week  marriage course. It's our second week, and we get to meet for the first time with our small group.

7:30 p.m.
We come home and eat dinner. In a surprise turn of events, our son has cleaned the kitchen and his bedroom! I'm fairly sure it's a subtle attempt to earn his electronics privileges back. My husband and I sit together at the dining table for a while as I grade papers and record them and he applies for jobs.

10:30 p.m.
I blog for a while before bedtime.

11:15 p.m.
I'm ready to go to bed. Some of my papers are graded. Two of my four SMARTBoard lessons are finished. My room is mostly ready for tomorrow. I still have cards to be laminated and cut. I must also change the cards on my class jobs poster. I will need to edit my morning greeting file and open all of the other files for the day. I need to create academic plans for some of my struggling learners. I'll get to school early enough to be ready for my students. And sometime this week I will meet my new student teacher.

A teacher's work is never done.

No comments:

Post a Comment