Friday, June 7, 2013

I scream. You scream.

We all scream for National Chocolate Ice Cream Day!


For a Wild and Wacky Summer, we are going to celebrate wild and wacky holidays. Once again, we won't be taking an extended vacation this year, so I'm determined to have some fun with my family here at home. Three years ago, we had a scavenger hunt of 101 places to visit before you're 12. We didn't make it to all 101 places, but we had a fantastic time. This year we will discover some cool holidays, eat some good food, have a whole lot of fun, and detail all of our adventures here. 

Pinky and the Brain helped me make chocolate ice cream from scratch tonight. My grandmother always used a mix, and that's the recipe my mom gave me. I got this recipe from a cooking website. It took FOREVER to set up, so we didn't get to eat it until 11 p.m. It had an interesting taste that everyone agreed was a little like a mocha flavor. I'm not sure I would use it again, but we had fun making it.

Can you believe chocolate is only the second most popular flavor of ice cream? It's number one in my book! If you're lucky enough to live in Oklahoma, you might want to check out one of Braum's seven new flavors of chocolate ice cream. Happy National Chocolate Ice Cream Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment