Monday, June 10, 2013

Iced tea and yo-yos

Our family was split on what holiday to celebrate today.


SuperD chose to celebrate National Iced Tea Day. He brewed an orange pekoe black tea and served it up a la Duck Dynasty in his blue Tupperware tumbler. That's a fact, Jack!



Sadly, I was misinformed about today being National Yo-Yo Day. I guess it was actually 4 days ago on June 6th, so we just celebrated a little late. June 6th is believed to have been the birthdate of the Mr. Duncan of Duncan yo-yos fame.

The Brain chose the Yo-Yo Ball because "it always comes back to you." Pinky and I split a 2-pack of Duncan yo-yos. I took the Mosquito, and she took the LimeLight which is super cool because you can yo-yo in the dark. I had wanted the Butterfly, but I couldn't find one. The Brain quickly lost interest in his yo-yo. After all, how many tricks can you do with a yo-yo that can't sleep? Pinky and I learned the basic Gravity Pull and the Sleeper. I also tried the Breakaway, but I'm not very good. I guess I'll never be as good as this kid:


No comments:

Post a Comment