Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happy Teacher Day

Thanks to Mrs. Cable, who took her time with a 4YO girl who was really too immature to begin school. Mrs. Cable was nurturing, kind, and willing to work with me anyway.

Thanks to Mrs. Bishop and Mrs. Rowley who were the best teacher team I could ever have had as I transitioned from private school to public school. What a difficult year that was for me! They made 4th grade fun! They will forever be "Mrs. Bishop" and "Mrs. Rowley", even though they are now my peers, and I see them often.

Thanks to Mrs. Kaufman, who challenged me to think "outside the box". It was she who introduced me to Olympics of the Mind (now known as Odyssey of the Mind), brainstorming, and Logic Problems. I still can't pass the newstand at Barnes & Noble without looking for the latest Dell Logic Problems issue!

Thanks to Mr. Orvis who gave me the opportunity to perform. It was in 6th grade that I found my love for harmony and show choir.

Thanks to my typing teacher (whose name I don't even remember). It's because of her that I type so fast.

Thanks to Mr. Attebery and Ms. Bartley, an excellent team who gave me two of the best years of my life. Under their teaching, I learned about hard work, dedication, teamwork, commitment, musicianship, stagecraft, promptness, and good clean fun!

Thanks to Dr. Byargeon who made the Old Testament so fascinating that I couldn't wait to take New Testament.

Thanks to Mrs. Woodward who taught me how to teach. What a gentle woman!

Thanks to Dr. Cobb, my idol. Theory, Sight-Reading, Conducting, Chorale. Best. Classes. EVER! I can't say enough thanks for writing some of the most beautiful music and letting me be a voice in your choir. I miss Chorale!

These great teachers and the many others I have not named here are the reason I am a teacher today. My classroom is shaped by their examples. I want to be like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment