Monday, May 30, 2011

New Plan

I guess there's no need to remind anyone of how much I hate exercise. Okay, new strategy. I decided months ago that trying to add daily exercise to my morning routine during my first year of second grade was impossible. I knew I wouldn't do it. I determined to begin my habit during the summer.

The plan is to go to bed on time - no late nights - and get up each morning as I would during the school year. I will begin my workout at 6 a.m. I have chosen The Biggest Loser Boot Camp, but I will switch DVD's if I get bored. I start with level 1 and add levels 2 and 3 as I become stronger. I will give my body rest on predetermined days, not because I wake and don't feel like getting out of bed. My hope is that by the time the summer is over, I will have formed a good habit, and I will be able to get up a little earlier in order to continue it.

Day One - success. I got out of bed. No asthma attacks. I didn't pass out from exhaustion. I worked out for 30 minutes. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment