Saturday, January 10, 2009

Loss of a friend

A friend of mine died. I haven't seen her in over 6 years. We knew each other from the softball field. Every spring, we played together for an hour a week.

I didn't even know she was sick. Some friend, huh? And, yet, when I was sad, my husband (Super D) couldn't figure out why. I guess men don't develop or maintain bonds like women do. We could go a lifetime without seeing a friend and still show emotion at the news of their marriage, birth of a child, or death.

So now, if I want to the go to the memorial service, will he think I am crazy? Probably.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you get to go to the memorial service.

    I understand about the passing of time not affecting a woman's friendships.....look at us for example! We hadn't been in touch in nearly 15 years when facebook reunited us. I'm glad we're friends!

    In fact, I think you shoudl go to the memorial in celebration of the friendship of women! What a way to honor your friendship with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had been able to go, but my son became sick. I had to stay at home with him instead.

    ReplyDelete