Tuesday, July 17, 2012

3 Point Commitment

No complaining.
No gossiping.
No lying.

It's harder than it sounds.
The goal is 10 days.
I made it 8 hours.



http://vimeo.com/user11948495/3pointcommitment

I've taken on this challenge that I heard about on facebook. It intrigued me. There's a prize at the end for one person who does it. But more than that, I think it will make me a better person. It makes me think about every word that leaves my mouth. For 8 hours, I was kinder to my children. I was a little frustrated, not being able to air my grievances, but I discovered that no one needs to hear them anyway.

When the little old lady at McDonald's complained about how hot it was in the restaurant, my first instinct was to jump on board the complaint train. In the end, I politely agreed with her by saying, "It is." But I said it with a smile. I tried to think of something positive to say to her, but I couldn't. So I said nothing else. I hope I wasn't rude. Super D said that didn't count as complaining since I wasn't expressing feelings of dissatisfaction. (She was right though. I did wonder if their thermostat was broken.)

I did fail later, and I caught myself the moment it left my lips. Something so insignificant, and I had to be a Debbie Downer. So, I took off my wristband and switched it to the other arm. Now, I'm starting over.

10 days to go

No comments:

Post a Comment