Wednesday, July 4, 2012

THE Parade

Yes, this is the same parade I have been attending/participating in since I was a little girl. I rode my bike that I decorated with crepe paper. I marched as a twirler. I sat in a car as a pageant winner. I rode floats with my church. My family has enjoyed this parade every year for over 30 years.

But I never marched in a band. Today, my daughter had that honor. She was very stoic as she marched past our family. We all cheered, whooped, hollered, and called her name as she totally ignored us. It finally dawned on her that we weren't going to stop until she acknowledged us. She rewarded us with a slight glance in our direction and this knowing smile.


Although she may have been a little anxious about her performance, she was wonderful! Her steps were in time. Her posture was perfect. And she made constant adjustments to stay in line with the other flutes. Proud Band Mom Alert! I wonder who's going to have more fun this year: the Freshman or her mom?


No comments:

Post a Comment