Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Barber Shop

I called our salon today to schedule an appointment for my son. The girl who cuts his hair was trained as a barber and is faster than anyone else has ever been. She is extremely consistent with the cut, which is a fade. As I understand it, fades can be difficult, if you don't know how to do it.

Unfortunately, our favorite lady barber no longer works there. That's when I made the decision to take C to a real barber shop. We have one in town. It's been there for as long as I can remember. In fact, I think my grandfather or dad may have been there once or twice.

From the moment I walked in the door, I felt like I was intruding on a boys' club. The first thing I saw was the hair all over the floor. I guess they are so popular that they don't have time to sweep up. The second thing I saw was the long line of light brown vinyl chairs from the 60's along the wall. Then, I noticed the tools and dead animals on the wall. It was exactly what I expected!

Tom, our new barber, has been cutting hair for 35 years. He was SO fast! I think C was in the chair for about 15 minutes. No more salons for my boy!


Look! They even have a barber pole!


The cut is so good that Super D is planning to visit them soon, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment