Monday, July 9, 2012

Herbed Chicken and Tomatoes

I bought a crock pot recipe book at the check-out line of the grocery store. (Yes, they suckered me in with an impulse buy.) I had already decided that I want to add more slow cooker recipes to our menu so that when I get home from work, I don't have to do much to put dinner on the table. Super D loves to cook. I hate it. The problem is that he doesn't make it home until 6:30, which is about the time my two diabetics should be eating dinner. That means that I really should be cooking more. Yuck.

My latest purchase is a Taste of Home cookbook with recipe cards that you simply cut out and put in your recipe holder. After trimming every recipe card, I sorted through them to find entrees that my children might eat. I put the ingredients on my grocery list and made the first one last night.

Herbed Chicken and Tomatoes Recipe

This is Herbed Chicken and Tomatoes. Obviously, mine didn't look this beautiful, but it came close. And it smelled delicious! Prep time was literally 5 minutes! I had to substitute an herb and garlic marinade mix for the soup mix because I couldn't find one, but seemed to work fine. Super D cooked up some bowtie pasta, and the kids both agreed that it was tolerable. Hey, if they'll eat it again, it's a winner in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment