Sunday, March 20, 2011

Anxiety Attack



This past month has had me freaking out. I've lost my little girl. A teenager, as tall as me, has moved into her bedroom. My sweet little girl was never concerned with her looks. She wore the same few t-shirts and pants over and over, sometimes without washing them. It was common for me to clean out her closet at the end of the season and find a brand new shirt, with the tag still on it, in a heap on the floor. She didn't like to take baths or brush her hair. I doubt she even looked in the mirror much.

This new girl is in some ways the polar opposite. She wants to wear make-up and style her hair a certain way. She is more interested in fashion. She wants to wear shoes with heels and carry a purse. She closes her door more because she values her privacy. And the lip gloss! She is obsessed with lip gloss! Don't even get me started on facebook.

What's next? Boys?

It's enough to give a mom an anxiety attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment