Friday, March 25, 2011

Fridays, food, and friends

I've always wanted to be one of 'those' people whose friends show up at a restaurant and 'they' invite them to join 'them'. Unfortunately, we don't eat out often enough to see anyone we know while we're eating. Thanks to my mom, who was keeping my loving children tonight (Is it Friday yet?), Super D and I went out to dinner at Interurban. This restaurant has been a staple in our town for probably 30 years, and I don't ever remember having eaten there. The hostess seated us at a table for 4, and just after our dinner arrived, our next-door neighbors walked in. They agreed to join us when we asked. What an excellent dinner! Super D's food wasn't that great (again with the complaints of frozen processed meat, totally overlooking the delectable beer muffins), but the conversation was fabulous! We only get to enjoy their company for short bursts of time as we stand on our lawns, so it was pleasant to leisurely talk with them. And my Dixieland Bowtie Pasta was incredible! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment