Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Simple Act of Kindness

Just when I think that people are rude, selfish wretches, someone proves me wrong. A kind-hearted man at Taco Bueno restored my faith in humanity today. After I placed my family's order, I discovered that I had left my ID and bank card in my jacket pocket. (I knew that early morning doughnut bike ride would come back to haunt me.) As I was telling the employee that I was going to drive home to get it, a customer got up from his table, pulled out his wallet, reached across me to the cash register, and insisted on buying our lunch. In my embarrassment, I tried to protest, but he argued that it was ridiculous for me to drive home in order to eat lunch. Thank you Kind Taco Bueno Man for our $15 meal. Most importantly, thank you for the lesson you taught my kids. We will repay you by passing it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment