Sunday, March 27, 2011

My nickname

I probably should have told you about the origin of the name for my blog. For as long as I can remember, my dad called me 'JJ'. I don't remember when it started, but I know the story well. Most people assume that my middle name begins with a 'J', too. But my middle name is Gayle. Apparently my dad would use my first and middle name when he called for or talked to me, and I would say, "No, Daddy. It's Just Jennifer." Knowing my dad's sense of humor, I'm sure he thoroughly enjoyed calling me 'Just Jennifer'. Then he simply shortened it to 'JJ'. Except for that one summer when there were 4 Jennifers on my softball team, Dad was the only one who consistently used my nickname. Mom calles me 'JJ' sometimes, but not often. Super D considers it almost sacrilegious to use Dad's nickname for me. So, instead, he calls me 'J'. It's endearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment