Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day, Super D!

I had the morning all planned out. It was supposed to be an entire Father's Day weekend celebration. Super D hates yardwork. He hates mowing. He hates weed eating. He hates edging.


So, the kids and I were going to begin the weekend doing all of the things he dreaded. And then we were going to wash and vacuum his car. What a great gift! Right?

Wrong. What I didn't know is that ever since Super D has been really concentrating on making the yard look beautiful, not only has he begun to take pride in the way it looks, but he has also begun to enjoy the work. He enjoys it all the more when he does it himself. Oops.


So as he stood watching me edge the lawn, all he could think about was how I was not doing it the "right" way. Eventually, we all ended up doing it together. It turned out to be a great Father's Day gift after all. The front and back yards look beautiful. And even though we couldn't give Super D that Maserti he has always wanted, his Aveo looks like new.



No soap in the eyes.





Super D and the kids washed my car, too. Isn't that sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment