Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Reward

My garden is in bloom! Twelve different varieties of flowers are growing there! I would like you to enjoy them with me.





I can't count my Milk and Wine Lilies because they bloomed a couple of weeks ago and have since withered and died. They were lovely while they lasted! And the beautiful green leaves are still growing strong.

This rose bush was here when we moved in. During the early spring, the roses are huge and so fragrant that when you come up the walk to our front door, you can smell them.




I have reserved the front bed of my garden for annuals. I plant petunias for the spring and pansies for the fall. These petunias have flourished and now form a giant petunia bush. All from 12 little plants.



A second rose bush was also already in the garden and produces smaller roses.




I have no idea what this plant is. I was convinced that it was something I planted from a seed and not a weed. Super D wasn't so sure, but I refused to pull it. If you look carefully at the top, I think you may see the beginning of a flower that looks like a fuzzy caterpillar. I can't wait to see what blooms!



I nearly killed this plant. Purchased at Lowe's, this plant was a beautiful green with the prettiest leaves. I was in love with the picture of the Banana Cream Shasta Daisies that the tag promised. Two days after I brought it home, it was a shriveled mess. I planted it, watered it, and nourished it with Miracle Gro, praying that it wouldn't die. You may not be able to see, but the petals of these daisies are the most beautiful pale yellow.




Super D brought home some more petunias, and I had little hope that they would survive. He bought a trunkful of plants for only a few dollars, and most looked pretty pathetic. I planted these at the base of my birdbath, and they are beautiful now.




I love Gerber daisies! This is the last surviving flower since an adorable bunny began feasting on them. This one has been sprayed with Repels-All. I don't think the bunny cares for the stench.




We have been watching these plants carefully, hoping that they are dahlias. I planted several bulbs for A because they are her favorite flower. Three plants, evenly spaced, have popped up, and two of them have a bud on top like this. What could they be?






One of my prettiest roses. It's not as big as the spring blooms.





And the cannas. Last year, they dominated my garden. Their big green leaves provided a beautiful background for my few spring and summer colors. This year, they are not as prominent, but they sure are healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment